Menu

Uplifting audiobooks or other stuff to listen to?

Tranquility7

I tend to work really hard at being cheerful, but lately I'm just struggling.  Usually I'm pretty good at shaking off others' complaining/venting/snarkiness, but lately it is just wearing me out (and it can be contagious!!).  I don't want to get short with others, but I just need to figure out a way to recharge a bit after getting worn down.

So tell me, any recommendations of uplifting stuff I can listen to?  Audiobooks are really what I'm looking for.  I do listen to uplifting music already, but if I listen to it too much I get kind of bored.  But not all audiobooks are uplifting, that is for sure!  I just finished Pride and Prejudice and even it was full of the snarkiness that is wearing me out!  Any ideas of something that is more positive, friendly, cheerful, optimistic, uplifting, encouraging, etc?  (But not too taxing on the ol' bean either - e.g., I like listening to Scripture and sermons sometimes, but that is too much thinking for what I'm looking for at the moment!)

The Mitford series?

Narnia?!

Winnie the pooh? :tongue_smilie:

I truly enjoyed the Winnie the Pooh audiobook. There are two different versions, and I preferred one over the other so listen to both to decide. But really, enjoyable.

I also liked John Hodgeman audio books and David Sedaris. Not uplifting, exactly, but certainly enjoyable.

2nd Winnie-the-Pooh... so gentle and sweet.

Also, any of the Wodehouse "Jeeves and Wooster"

"Out of Africa" by Dinesen

Any of the Jasper Fforde's "Nursery Rhyme Crime" series.

The Brother Cadfael series... yes they're murder mysteries, but they're really tame and not at all stressful.