Menu

Wordly Wise and Ultimate Easy Grammar - Quick Questions Please!

We just entered the waters of homeschooling high school today!  :001_smile: I should have thought to ask this before, but for those of you who use either Wordly Wise or Easy Grammar do you find it best to have your child write in the workbook or write out the lessons in a separate notebook?  Thank you!

We never used Easy Grammar, but with Wordly Wise it really was helpful to just write in the book.  It keeps it all together and keeps the amount of time they spend on it reasonable.  Writing out the WW sentences and lessons could take significant time and for a vocabulary supplement it just didn't seem worth it.  One thing I did find helpful was to take the word list on the back cover, scan and copy it and try to work those words into our daily interaction or recognize when Dd does.  We did use Hake Grammar (workbook) and I also just had her write in it.

We've used both and write in the book.  For both I purchase the student book and have them use that to write in-not the master book that has all the answers.  FWIW-Easy Grammar now has an assessments book at the high school levels if that should interest you, WW also has assessments.  I agree with Nscribe- rewriting everything would take far more time than either of my kids have for a relatively small component of their English course.