Menu

Goodwill Score

HappyMomMd

This is actually my first time posting a topic :)  I just had to share my awesome Goodwill score with people who would understand. I just picked up the complete set, books 1-8 including the 1/2 books, of Explode the Code...for $5.00. The whole set for $5.00 in perfect condition!!!! Yay me!!!

Very cool, I love those finds. I've found ETC and Singapore Math books. Also got the Making Mathematics Meaningful with the full c-rod set for $5 too. There has been a lot I've skipped on to but names I recognize from here.  It sure can be a hit or miss, but those hits are awesome. We usually stop in 1-2 times a week and majority of the time come home empty handed. I have friends always impressed with what I find and insist they never find anything; I agree when they only go once every few months. :)

Very cool, I love those finds. I've found ETC and Singapore Math books. Also got the Making Mathematics Meaningful with the full c-rod set for $5 too. There has been a lot I've skipped on to but names I recognize from here.  It sure can be a hit or miss, but those hits are awesome. We usually stop in 1-2 times a week and majority of the time come home empty handed. I have friends always impressed with what I find and insist they never find anything; I agree when they only go once every few months. :)

I try hard to go at least 1x a week...it can be tough for me to get there with 6 kids 7 and under, but I try.  I got a dinning room table (for our kitchen) a week ago in pretty good condition. It has 2 leaves and will easily seat 8 people, which we have...$17!!!  Holy Good deal, Batman!  Love it!

I've yet to score any REALLY good curriculum books, but I live in nowhere'sville.  I'm planning to start going to GoodWill stores as we travel to bigger areas where more money floats around.  :lol:

I try hard to go at least 1x a week...it can be tough for me to get there with 6 kids 7 and under, but I try.  I got a dinning room table (for our kitchen) a week ago in pretty good condition. It has 2 leaves and will easily seat 8 people, which we have...$17!!!  Holy Good deal, Batman!  Love it!

I've yet to score any REALLY good curriculum books, but I live in nowhere'sville.  I'm planning to start going to GoodWill stores as we travel to bigger areas where more money floats around.  :lol:

Being tough makes sense to me. It's one of those exciting times I do my alone time; that and go to the library alone (as if I'm not there all the time with kids anyways).

Last week I got ds a TI- 83 plus graphing calculator for $2.99.

Once I bought an actual box of money for $2.99. Some of the money was real but now worthless coins and paper money from around the world, but there were also coins from England and some American quarters, half dollars, and a few dollar coins.

That's great!  I have found so many great things at thrift stores.  Probably my best find was a huge box of math stuff for $3.  It was stuff from a public school and it was for the overhead ..... clocks, shapes, dice, and more.

I also found the complete set of the BOB pre-readers for something like $5.