Menu

What do I need to for CC?

Sarahkay

We're doing CC this year for the first time - 11year/6th grade boy and 9yr/4th grade girl.

I know I'm registering them both in Foundations and both in Essentials.

Could someone who's been down this road before give a rookie CC-mom a shopping list please?

What do I need to kick it off? Guides? Science Cards? HIstory cards? Audio cd? Subscription to CC Connect.

I have yet to do Essentials (next year!!), so I won't speak to that at all.  However, for Foundations you need the guide.  You also probably want to get the history cards.  You children will each need a tin whistle.  I like to get the audio cd and CC Connected, but that is just a personal preference.  I have friends who get just one or the other.  There are other things that I like to get, but to my knowlege, the only things you HAVE to get are the guide and the tin whistles.  I strongly recommend choosing one of the two, CD or CC connected. :)  I'm tired and I'm hoping I made sense. :)

For Essentials you need the Essentials guide and IEW medieval student book. You also need to download the student resource guide off of the IEW website (which is free after you buy the medieval student book). 

Foundation- you need the guide and  tin whistle. Nice to have items would be the timeline history cards and audio cds. You also will want to sign up for CC connected.