Menu

Poll: Do I call the potential buyer of my house?

When should I call the buyer?  

1. 1. When should I call the buyer?

• Call tonight
    • Call Saturday
    • Don't call, wait for her to call you
    • Eat chocolate and decide tomorrow

OK, ladies a quick and painless poll:

Synopsis:

Showed house last Thursday to a lady with one son. She seemed to like the house. Called her Sunday. She said she'd driven by again and was still mulling it over.

(Background: we have a "hybrid" aka CHEAP realtor - so I do the follow-up calls)

Got realtor's advice. He says call on Saturday, but if she's waited this long she's probably not going to bite.

I am itching to call her tonight, and ask if there's anything we could do to encourage her decision to buy.

What says the Hive???

Got realtor's advice. He says call on Saturday, but if she's waited this long she's probably not going to bite.

I agree with this. I totally understand wanting to know her thoughts. I think though if she were "hot" to move on it, she would have done so by now.

OTOH if she's mulling it over, your phone call won't turn her hand in your favor. I think patience is your best bet.

OK - those who said don't call at all -

Would it change your answer if dh & I decide to prepay the buyer's interest for two years, effectively lowering their mortagage? It's a strategy my realtor suggested rather than just lowering price. . . . . if we decide to do that, I'd like to communicate that to her.

Actually, when we were showing our house, our realtor asked us to let her know if we had someone come by, and she called their realtor immediately to find out what they thought. They usually move on to other houses, and it is always best to get their feedback right away. Don't act desperate. Don't try to convince her. Just get feedback on what she thought.

OK - those who said don't call at all -

Would it change your answer if dh & I decide to prepay the buyer's interest for two years, effectively lowering their mortagage? It's a strategy my realtor suggested rather than just lowering price. . . . . if we decide to do that, I'd like to communicate that to her.

You can still let her know that on Saturday. It is only a few days away. I would be less inclined to buy from someone who I felt was in any way pushing me. (Just being honest!) :001_smile: