Menu

How Do You Ship for Ebay?

goldberry

I'm going to sell a few things - never have sold on Ebay before!  I was going to use Priority Mail.  Is that sufficient?  Do I need to add delivery confirmation?  Is that sufficient if I add that?

I really need the cash for some things and can't afford to get burned by something dumb!  I'm afraid!

Please help if you have experience here! Thank you!

I ship using Priority Mail. Delivery confirmation is free with Priority Mail.  Stop by your local post office and pick up some free shipping supplies. For items weighing under 13oz., I use First Class mail. As a seasoned Ebay seller, I strongly recommend printing labels from home using Ebay shipping, that way tracking numbers are automatically uploaded for you.

I second Jennifer.   Print your labels via eBay and they'll automatically require DC, as well as instantly uploading the info as soon as you print.  NEVER ship without DC.  

You are responsible for making sure the customer receives what they've ordered, not the post office.  

I just started selling on eBay this year. I'm just cleaning out the house, mostly, so I'm not running a store or anything like that. I'm certainly not a top rated/power seller or anything (I don't sell that much), so just keep that in mind.

I only accept Paypal and make sure to purchase/print all my postage through eBay. It's slightly cheaper than going to the PO--I think eBay gets you a business rate or something--it's easier, the postage comes directly out of the price of the item, and DC is included (except for media mail, which charges $.20 extra :glare: ).

I used to offer free shipping, but I found that I didn't sell as well when I tried to price items to cover shipping. Now, I give a lower price on the item and just charge the actual shipping cost, giving people the option of choosing either the cheapest or fastest method. Nearly everyone that buys from me chooses the cheapest option available.

Personally, I avoid people with free shipping unless I know I'm only going to get a single item from them.  

Otherwise, I know I'm getting gyped on shipping because they can't combine.   :p

I do this myself, too! Just the other day, I needed to replace some herbs so I thought I'd go through eBay. I hunted around until I could find someone (w/ good reviews) that could supply all the ones that I needed so I could save on combined shipping!

That's one reason I changed how I shipped...I decided I should sell the way I like to buy.