Menu

Years of hard work in the trash

Anne in CA

So, we are moving and I spent most of the day cleaning out three side attics and I could not believe the amount of home school work I had saved. Most went in the dumpster. So sad. All that Latin, all that math, LA, handwriting, spelling, years worth of work and the kids forgot Latin as soon as they took a little time off. But, boy howdy, did we ever do school. I did save their history narrations from 1st to 4th. It's a little bittersweet to look at what was done and know that we are moving on with my life. I probably will not identify myself as a home school mom in the future. When I move I will only home school one more year, and most of those classes my dd will take from the Potter's School. I probably wont mention it unless I am directly questioned.

I don't know, your kids aren't sitting curbside are they? So they don't remember how to speak a dead language. The real question is can they reason and speak and write competently in their own language?

If they are able to move confidently into the next phase of lifelong learning, then precisely none of your efforts have been a waste. The evidence and worth of all those lessons is not found in a pile of dusty worksheets but resides in the fine quality of the young minds you have so painstakingly nurtured. Regardless of where they receive formal education, you will always still be Teacher in the most essential sense.

Well done, lady. :)

I don't know, your kids aren't sitting curbside are they? So they don't remember how to speak a dead language. The real question is can they reason and speak and write competently in their own language?

If they are able to move confidently into the next phase of lifelong learning, then precisely none of your efforts have been a waste. The evidence and worth of all those lessons is not found in a pile of dusty worksheets but resides in the fine quality of the young minds you have so painstakingly nurtured. Regardless of where they receive formal education, you will always still be Teacher in the most essential sense.

Well done, lady. :)

:hurray:  :iagree: