Menu

Favorite activities for a 2 year old?

bnwhitaker

My 2.5 year old likes duplo, building towers with plastic cotton reels, puzzles, water play, a tea set (yes porcelain - she's fine with it) with food and water, shape puzzles, blocks, coloring and pasting, 3D crafts (she needs help with these though), toy cars and soft toys, books to look at, a wooden board with nails in it and elastic bands she can pull over the nails (safe enough if I am around), playing in bird seed (messy but fun - she won't eat it though luckily), painting (needs lots of supervision), playing on the tablet for short intervals, a small container with dry pasta and toys hidden in it, rattles she makes herself (needs some help), painting with water on the walls outside or the tiles inside when they will dry fast.

When my girls were two, they LOVED using craft foam and sticking it onto construction paper. You can get a (I think) 500 piece bucket from Walmart for around $5-$6. I would give them a handful and let them stick away! I would also ask them which letter/number they are sticking and they would tell me.