Menu

Does anyone still use . . . Calculadders or Blackline Maps of History (Knowledgequest)?

StephanieZ

I am seriously shelf clearing, lol, and I am purging most of my elementary materials.

I haven't used these items in a LONG time, so I haven't kept up with the usage.

Do people (here) still use Calculadders and/or the Blackline Maps of History (KnowledgeQuest)?

The Blackline maps have been replaced on the knowledgequest site with new/improved version of something similar, but I know that around here, newer isn't always better, lol, so I figured I'd ask what the story is.

I found the calculadder disc for $35 on Amazon, but that seems steep. Is it really that pricey? Don't they sell them anymore on CD?

The one negative about the new, awesome classified ads here is that I can no longer just search for the past year or two the old FS/WTB ads to see if things are still bought/sold and get a fair price on them. eBay has limited info on either of these items. 

So, anyway, if you have any idea if either of these items are still in use/demand, and if so, what would be good prices (fair to fast-selling prices) for:

Calculadder MasterPak 1 (levels 1-3) CD-ROM (pdf files)

Blackline Maps of World History CD-ROM (pdf files)

Blackline Maps of American History CD-ROM (pdf files)

They're all in great shape.

Thank you!!

The CD version of Calculadders is by far superior to the download version in my opinion. I couldn't find my CD, so I bought the download - I was never so happy to see a CD as I was last month when it turned up!!!

The download does not have the forms for progress - the time/point tracking, they expect you to time them at the computer and then it scores from what you enter. It isn't as easy to print what you want....

I emailed them about it and apparently I am the only one to give this type of feedback. It was supposed to be easier - but give me straight PDFs to deal with, NOT PDFs wrapped in an app shell.

Anyway, I love Calculadders :D

Buying the download was one of my biggest homeschool regrets. After reformatting my computer I doubt I can get it back on. The software is so locked down it was hard enough to install when I purchased it.

Can the CD be transferred to another owner? There were so many theft protections in place on the download that I was quite annoyed. I'm not sure how the CD works.

oooohhh, I see now. Oh, yes, the CD is completely transferable. It is just a bunch of sweet pdfs, that's it. All the calculadders are right there in pdf. You just print out what you need, when you need it, and could transfer them infinitely. 

I am sure that's why they discontinued the product and got crazy about copy protection, b/c this one is completely vulnerable to theft. You could make 1,000,000 copies or upload or email or whatever. Not very nice for the manufacturer. The KnowledgeQuest maps were/are the same way. I don't know if their newer product is similar or is more theft-protection.

I'm glad to hear the Calculadder disc is still in use. 

What about the KnowledgeQuest maps? Are they still in vogue? Is the replacement product superior? 

They told me that people struggled with the printing aspect of the PDFs, and they moved to the app type of printing to be more "user friendly". UGH.

Although Hunter, I'm happy to hear the Windows version was as bad as the Mac one was!! Ye gads.... I wished I had just re-purchased the CD because I hated trying to use the download. That said, they are nice enough and I would email them about your issue with the lost download. They did send me the PDF tracking to use which was nice.