Menu

Why is it?

Night Elf

Because we can clearly see their development into adults; we don't have the ability to notice changes in ourselves so much...until someone else mentions it or we see a picture of ourselves..... :closedeyes:

Truth in that. It's still a mixed bag of feelings.

I was shocked this week to see that my 12 year old son has a great deal of armpit hair.  Still reeling from that.

Also, I am shocked every time I look in the mirror. I swear I still think I am 30.  (I'm 46 and look it.)

Honestly, everyone's ages and stages in life seem to knock me over like it is some sort of surprise ending that I did not expect.  I don't really understand why, but it is something that I spend a fair amount of brain power on lately.

I very much understand but it also varies based on their ages too. Mine that is turning 18 in a couple months, doesn't seem to be getting older faster. I will see photos of just a few years earlier and be shocked at her younger appearance because I just don't see her age as fast anymore and it is subtle. But my girl just about to turn 5, I'm floored that it's been five years because we were nursing just yesterday. I can't say it was just yesterday, anymore, when oldest was nursing. :) But I don't feel myself aging anymore and I think I did feel it for a while.

I can understand what you are saying.  I am feeling somewhat older.  It takes me longer to get going in the morning and such, but it really amazes me that my daughter is going to be 25 in 2 1/2 months.  It just doesn't seem possible.