Menu

Help me find hubby's anniversary gift!

AimeeM

He's a stellar gift giver. Me, not so much.

Last birthday he gave me a Mac Air, I know he ordered my anniversary gifts already... he's the type to pay attention through the year, noticing what I need or what I want, and applying that to his gift giving.

I know he's told me that this is our "wood" anniversary (he's traditional, lol, what can I say).

I just don't KNOW! I'm bad at this. Left to my own devices, I'll get him a wooden back scratcher :p

He loves music and is proficient on almost every instrument but the violin (his father is a private music teacher), but he has dozens of guitars, a new drum set, an accordion, a keyboard...

He works in a science related field and his passion is physics... but he as all the books and nifty toys.

He loves Tommy Bahama, but has dozens of the shirts (traditionally, the children get them for him for both Christmas and Father's Day, and have for years, lol).

He has a newer wallet already.

He has rosaries galore.

I can't think of anything he wants or needs (other than another Mac, which is something I'm putting money aside for for Christmas, weekly). He's rather the type to get what he wants or needs himself, pretty immediately.

So maybe something sentimental (he does enjoy that kind of thing)... but what?!

I really want to kick this one out of the park. He's an amazing man, a wonderful father, and the most thoughtful husband (well, minus when he farts in bed...).

DON'T QUOTE!!! I'M GOING TO DELETE THIS LATER!!! LOL.

For our wood anniversary we got a wood plaque at the craft store and we were going to use a dremil (not sure I'm spelling that right?) to engrave on it our names/initials, wedding date, and a verse or something. We bought the plaque, but never got around to engraving it. I suggested painting on it, but dh didn't like that idea.

I have seen a really beautiful iPod/iPhone speaker made from a log. It is on my birthday list (which is to say, if I want it, I'll tell my dd to tell dh to get it- we are not much in the way of gift-givers in this family!)