Menu

Reading Eggs for $49.95

LolaT

I got an e-mail offer for Reading Eggs for $49.95 for 12 months. Is this a good price? Do they have better prices through Homeschool Buyer's Coop or anything else like that? My son will be doing 1st grade in the fall. He's used the trial version and REALLY likes it right now. But the Math Seeds doesn't seem to have much to offer for 1st grade.

That is the lowest I've seen it. My kids liked it, but it didn't work well for all 3 of them. I wouldn't be able to just buy it for the one that was learning a lot from it. So, I'd have to buy 3 subscriptions and it's just too much for us to justify. But, for one kid, that's a good price if you it is beneficial and you want it.

I think the HSBC price is $56 or so. I keep waiting to see if I'll get a better offer from them, but so far none of their emails has beat the HSBC price.

If you search these forums or google for reading eggs codes you can find some to extend your trial, I got about three months free on top of the trial period. Start with the codes that have the longest time period, they only allow a couple of codes before it locks. But, that offer is a good one so I'd probably take that and then look for more codes once the year has expired.

I don't know if this would work for you but our homeschool group, we have a FB page to keep in touch with each other, got a Reading Eggs subscription together and it is only costing $20 per student. I wanna say there was a 50 student minimum maybe, making the price $25 per student and maybe 75 student for the $20 price.

It's actually pretty easy to get together that many students because it doesn't just have to be Hsers so you can send out the invitation to anyone with children who might enjoy using Reading Eggs.

I like the idea of getting a big group together, and may try that with our next subscription...

For us, I contacted Reading Eggs directly and requested a long-term subscription. They offered a two-year subscription for $79.95 for the first child ($40/year) and $39.95 for siblings ($20/year). I have three children and got them each a two-year subscription. The total was just under $160 ($80 for the first and then $40 each for the other two), which works out to about $25/child/year. If you just have one child, it would come in at $40/year if they are still offering something similar.

I just emailed them and asked and they got right back to me via email. The only thing was that I had to place my order over the phone because the online system is only set up to take the yearly or monthly programs. But even that was no problem, as the Reading Eggs staff person called me at home (she was in Australia and I live in Thailand). So I was pretty happy with the customer service and the pricing.

Anyway, you may want to send them an email and see if they have any other offers other than what's on the site.

HTH

Thank you fro starting this thread. Particularly the mention of the extended trial period. My daughter is young to be reading, but she really really really really wants to. We started the trial period this last weekend. We got to the 7th egg and then she got frustrated with the beginning sounds area. If she wants to do it, I'll let her. But, I don't want to put in a lot of money and then have it be too hard for her. I do really love that things must be done in order.

I don't know if this would work for you but our homeschool group, we have a FB page to keep in touch with each other, got a Reading Eggs subscription together and it is only costing $20 per student. I wanna say there was a 50 student minimum maybe, making the price $25 per student and maybe 75 student for the $20 price.

It's actually pretty easy to get together that many students because it doesn't just have to be Hsers so you can send out the invitation to anyone with children who might enjoy using Reading Eggs.

Is this recent? I was part of a group that did this a few years ago but RE would not let the group renew at the low prices. New groups were refused and some quite annoyed with the service they received. RE is not known for good customer service (so it is nice to hear a good story like the one up thread!). I think even HSBC was told a lower price initially but then RE wouldn't go through with it for that price once they learned the potential volume.