Menu

Instructor manual needed for WWE and WWS?

foofoobunny

For WWE you don't need both although if you had the money and were starting at 1 it would be nice. The text outlines the whole method and gives advice on selecting your own passages and writing your own questions. The workbook does all the work for you. It is usually advised if you just use the workbook to listen to SWBs lecture but I haven't yet. I am not sure how hard it is to start at level 4 - it is supposed to be ok but maybe someone else can tell you. Can't help with WWS but I believe there is a fairly large sample somewhere.

I believe you do need the WWS student AND teacher manuals; that's what everyone told me, so I did get them both. The student manual seems to be written to the student, so the info written to the parent is not in that book.

For WWE4, we started with that last year for DD (5th grade). I think it would have been better if we'd started in one of the earlier WWE levels, but it was okay. (I started my son in WWE2 last year, second grade, and he thrived with it; I'm not sure if that was just a difference in kids or what, though.) You do not need the small teacher instruction book for WWE at all; that's only if you want to find your own passages. The WWE workbooks are written to the parent, telling him/her what to say and what to look for, so all you need for WWE is this (the workbook, either in paper form or as a PDF download): http://peacehillpress.com/the-complete-writer-writing-with-ease-workbook-4.html (The "student pages" option, $11.95 or $9.50 if you choose download, are duplicates of the pages that are in the back of the full workbook, so you can use them for multiple students.)