Menu

Donuts or Ice Cream?

TKDmom

131 members have voted

1. 1. Would you choose donuts or ice cream?

• Donuts
    • Ice Cream
    • Neither. Yuck

What about Blue Bell? I adore Blue Bell.

Last month dh came home with a couple containers of Breyer's (because it was BOGO), which used to be good. I told him Breyer's has been awful for years and made him look at the label. He discovered that it's now a "frozen dairy dessert". They can't even call it ice cream anymore! He also discovered that it is nice and soft coming out of our -10 degree outside freezer. It also holds its shape for much too long sitting on the kitchen counter. Whatever they do to it to give it those properties makes me shudder....

You must have gotten one of the new Breyer Blasts flavors. We tried it once. Bleah. It's like cool whip with stuff mixed in.

We've recently discovered Turkey Hill Naturals which is like what Breyers used to be. Limited flavors, though.

I LOVE donuts. It's hard to stop after just one or two or three or four...

I LOVE Extreme Chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream made into milkshakes with a bit of peanut butter. Yum!

However, I am plagued with occasional lactose intolerance. It's only occasionally so I haven't given it up yet. I'm currently in an intolerant phase so I bought some Digestive Advantage. It saved me from the horrid painful cramps when we had the above described milk shakes last night. :drool5: Since ice cream is sometimes painful, I chose donuts.

So you doughnut lovers, who has been to Psycho Donuts in California?

I spent a few years commuting to the Bay Area. I usually bring one or a few sons with me when I can, and on one particular trip we read about Psycho Donuts in the inflight magazine. They talked me into trying it, and from then onwards SJC was the only trip they wanted to join me on LOL.