Menu

Math Bands for multiplication..cute!

thundersweet

I just ordered a set...bold colors w/ black #'s. I found a promo code for free shipping. It's SUMMSHIP. You have to enter it in their Specials page....here (be sure to use the drop down to choose the colors you want). I have no idea how much shipping would be without the code or how long the code lasts.

these are cool...thanks for posting these!!!

Did you order the teacher's guide or the worksheets....or just the bands.

I don't know if Sandy did....I was tempted to, but then I didn't. I just ordered the bands. I googled to see if other sites might sell these bands (there are other bands similar to these but I didn't like them as much...they would say like 2x1=2 2x2=3 and so on all the way around the band. I like that these will be easier for skip counting....anyway, that's kind of beside the point) and some other site was selling the same ones and they said the worksheets were 4 pages (not sure if that's true) and it looks like there is a guide (probably just a one page sheet) that comes in the pack with the bands already. I figured I didn't want to spend the xtra money when I think it's pretty self explanatory how to use them for skip counting, multiplication, and division. There is info at the site too on how to use them.

I did! I purchased everything. I went looking around on the internet for more info and reviews. I actually found out my cousin's wife that posted these on Facebook actually created these. How cool! I did NOT know that when I posted about them. I thought she was just passing along a cute idea.

Sandy

did the you tube video work for you? I couldn't get it to work for me.

The video worked for me. But now tonight I can't get it to work (but my computer is acting up too). Go to Youtube and type in "How To Use Math Bands". It's a really short video....the kids voice has such a cute accent.

I did! I purchased everything. I went looking around on the internet for more info and reviews. I actually found out my cousin's wife that posted these on Facebook actually created these. How cool! I did NOT know that when I posted about them. I thought she was just passing along a cute idea.

Sandy

Oh poo....now I think I want the guide and the worksheets. I contacted her to see if I can add them to my order with the free shipping.

These are super cool. If you know the person, you should have her get someone she knows to do some cute graphics for a banner to set up possibly like an Etsy store or site on Facebook. Better pictures and website graphics will make these catch on. I think it's a really good idea !!! Maybe even find some people with educational blogs to test some out.

You should be able to get the relative discount...the "Cari's Husband's Cousin's Discount" (I think I got that right....if anything I got all the apostrophes wrong). :lol:

Well I guess it's too late for that! I had already ordered when I figured this all out. I love the idea though and I hope it helps my son. I showed him the video and he thinks it looks fun!

Sandy

These are super cool. If you know the person, you should have her get someone she knows to do some cute graphics for a banner to set up possibly like an Etsy store or site on Facebook. Better pictures and website graphics will make these catch on. I think it's a really good idea !!! Maybe even find some people with educational blogs to test some out.

I haven't seen her in a long time. Her husband's (my cousin) sister is on this group as well. Maybe she'll see this and mention these ideas to her.

Sandy

I agree. She should get rid of the "Applying the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics (3.0A, #4-7)" statement, that almost made me not want to buy them :) Anything with the words "Common Core" make me twitch.

I agree. She should get rid of the "Applying the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics (3.0A, #4-7)" statement, that almost made me not want to buy them :) Anything with the words "Common Core" make me twitch.

I know what you mean...I kinda ignored that. I'm sure she's trying to market more to teachers (??).

Ordered some but didn't see where on the paypal to enter the SUMMSHIP? Oh well! I think this may be helpful for my middle dd....thank you for sharing!

You have to order it from their "Specials" page....there's a spot there for the promo code. I linked it in my previous post about the free shipping.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had trouble ordering these bands! I have tried several times via cc options (as opposed to PayPal) and it will not work. I have contacted her and we are working on it, but I just wondered if anyone else has had trouble?

Has everyone ordering them used PayPal or has a cc payment worked for you? I keep getting a message that says "I have already signed up with this information" but doesnt allow you to continue through the payment process:(

I love the idea of these and would hate for others ( and an individual seller!) to miss out for something so simple!

Arg! Just got our bracelets and they're too small!

Awww...that's too bad. I never even thought about the size. When they came dd just put them on and they were fine. But, looking at them now I can definitely see that they are pretty small. The inside diameter is a little over 2"....like 2 1/8". Did you contact the seller? Maybe she'll take them back and refund you, I don't know.