Menu

Are there any good apps to help with grocery price comparison?

Prairie~Phlox

I use the grocery gadget. It works fairly well, but I find that I still have to calculate the price per unit and add it into the comment section. I record best prices and sale prices there. I find it great since some stores are notorious for slightly better prices and more than slightly smaller sizes. And it seems like there are more sizes of the same product than I could ever keep track of in my head.

FTR when I checked out Sam's a few years ago, I found them one store with smaller sizes that looked identical. They were not as good a deal as Costco. Now we are in Canada so it may not be the same where you are.

I also keep most prices in it since items that I only buy occasionally I don't keep mental track of. Also I know if a sale is a "real" sale or not. Many are not.

Now if I could find as good an app for my playbook.

You didn't say what platform, but I use Shopare. I have an iPhone, and don't know if it's available for Android or Windows. You do have to put the information in, but if you don't want to have to do that, I'd recommend Red Laser, a bar code app. Just make sure you turn on location services, or it will only compare online prices.