Menu

Is R&S 3 enough for writing or should I add WWE 3???

pocjets

Title says it all! We'll be doing R&S 3 this fall but I'm wondering if I should add WWE 3 as well. I'd rather keep things simple, but don't want to miss WWE 3 if it would be beneficial.

This is for a 3rd grader just to be clear. :)

Thanks so much!

Editing, because for some reason I totally read that title as is SOTW3 enough LOL. Yes, R&S 3 is enough for us, though we do add the other writing in WTM like copywork, narration, and dictation. If you aren't doing those then you would WWE to guide you through that I think. R&S gives other kind of composition work, but not those.

We will be using R&S 3 and just do dictation and written narrations on top of that. I just pick dictation from what we are reading that day in (mainly) literature, history, and science. I don't even do this in advance- as I read I just notice when a great sentence comes up.

The third grade book doesn't have much "composition". It just has paragraph lessons at the end of the book. If you plan to do the grammar lessons orally, I'd add writing. If you plan to use the text as written (child writing the exercises), it's enough writing.

Did you do WWE 1 and 2? That is not a program that you can just jump in at grade level. If you did do them, just continue using what you learned across the curriculum (history, science, literature). WWE and R&S have different methods of writing instruction.

Btw, we had no problem doing R&S4 and IEW/WWE2 (alternating writing programs) this year. Sometimes we did the R&S composition assignment and sometimes we didn't. We always did the grammar exercises written as intended (roughly half of them at most). My writing phobic 3rd grader didn't have any trouble with that amount.

We have done WWE 1 and 2 and I really do like them. We are using Veritas History/Bible and Apologia Zoology 2 with notebook this coming year and all of those have a good amount of writing in them. I just didn't know if I should push DD and make her do WWE 3 or not.

We have done WWE 1 and 2 and I really do like them. We are using Veritas History/Bible and Apologia Zoology 2 with notebook this coming year and all of those have a good amount of writing in them. I just didn't know if I should push DD and make her do WWE 3 or not.

Oh yeah, that's plenty. :)