Menu

kindy and 2nd grade --- am i missing anything

planning for fall

here are my notes

2nd grade, kindy and "together"

I think i have everything covered -- subject wise -- let me know if you see anything i am missing. for a few i have have the subject listed but i haven't made a choice yet -- but i know i want something...

FALL 2013-2014 HOME SCHOOL plans

BIG BROTHER (2nd grade)

PHONICS

· Beyond the Code Book 1: Comprehension and Reasoning Skills http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Code-Book-Comprehension-Reasoning/dp/0838824013/ref=pd_sim_b_13

READING

• Leveled readers by ability; working towards independent reading.

WRITING:

GRAMMAR:

LOGIC

MATH

PHONICS

SPELLING

LITTE BROTHER (Kindy)

PHONICS

MATH

TOGETHER (2nd grade and Kindy)

LITERATURE:

• Family read aloud and audio books.

BIBLE

MUSIC –

SCIENCE

AMERICAN HISTORY / SOCIAL STUDIES

WORLD HISTORY

GEOGRAPHY

ART

You've got phonics listed twice for Big Brother. (Luckily, they both say the same thing! ;-)

Is there a reason you are trying to do both World & American history? I'd pick one. Either one is more than enough, especially for a 2nd & K'er.

For the K's math, I wouldn't pick a program. I would just count with him, play games, talk through the math problem of setting the table (Let's see, we need two places for the kids and two for the parents, so I would need how many spots?) and such ... And let him watch some of the place value & other early Education Unboxed videos.

For Writing for Older Brother, do you mean Handwriting?

You've got phonics listed twice for Big Brother. (Luckily, they both say the same thing! ;-)

Is there a reason you are trying to do both World & American history? I'd pick one. Either one is more than enough, especially for a 2nd & K'er.

For the K's math, I wouldn't pick a program. I would just count with him, play games, talk through the math problem of setting the table (Let's see, we need two places for the kids and two for the parents, so I would need how many spots?) and such ... And let him watch some of the place value & other early Education Unboxed videos.

For Writing for Older Brother, do you mean Handwriting?

:iagree:

no, not handwriting i mean learning to write -- like a 3 sentence story with a start and end, or whatever. i really don't know what i need to be teaching writing, composition is a better word maybe?

doing American History is place of Social Studies (DH request)

no, not handwriting i mean learning to write -- like a 3 sentence story with a start and end, or whatever. i really don't know what i need to be teaching writing, composition is a better word maybe?

doing American History is place of Social Studies (DH request)

If you're doing American history, then I'd drop the world history for this year. I would probably also do U.S. geography specifically instead of world geography. We just had a discussion here on the difference between "social studies" and history/geography. :-)

And yes, it would be composition. :-)

If you're doing American history, then I'd drop the world history for this year. I would probably also do U.S. geography specifically instead of world geography. We just had a discussion here on the difference between "social studies" and history/geography. :-)

And yes, it would be composition. :-)

Where would i find that?