Menu

More CC questions!

wehave8

I wanted to use FLL next year, but I was also wanting to do CC at home. I've been back and forth with wondering which parts of CC Foundations we'd do, and the English memory was one of them.....Use the CC English memory or the definitions, etc., from FLL. I would think there coundn't be much differences, but then again, I don't know?!

That brings me to another question? Does the Foundations Guide tell how to teach the geography, or do you have to be a part of a community to learn how they teach it?

The more I study over the whole CC program the more I see I already do, as far as memory work. I might just end up getting the timeline stuff and the Memory Masters Flashcards...IF the MMF have the "History Sentences" in them.

OR

Skip all the CC but the Timeline and do our own thing in FLL and everything else.

Pam

Im starting in a CC community next year, but I just finished tutor training so I think I know the answers to your questions. Any veterans ,lease feel free to correct me.

If you want to do FLL with CC I'd recommend using the CC definitions if you're using their CDs, so your kids can sing along easily, if you 're not using the CDs, I don't think it would matter.

The foundations guide does indeed talk about how to do the geography teaching. It is probably two pages. None of it is rocket science, but they definitely bring a refreshing simplicity to it.

Lastly, all the history sentence cards for the particular cycle are in the flash cards.

Im starting in a CC community next year, but I just finished tutor training so I think I know the answers to your questions. Any veterans ,lease feel free to correct me.

If you want to do FLL with CC I'd recommend using the CC definitions if you're using their CDs, so your kids can sing along easily, if you 're not using the CDs, I don't think it would matter.

The foundations guide does indeed talk about how to do the geography teaching. It is probably two pages. None of it is rocket science, but they definitely bring a refreshing simplicity to it.

Lastly, all the history sentence cards for the particular cycle are in the flash cards.

Thanks bunches! :)

Pam

When we did CC the English grammar was not included in the songs. My kids had already memorized from FLL so we stuck with FLL definitions... and my younger kids also went with FLL. It made reading through FLL easier and it didn't really matter in our co-op classes or for the memory master testing.... besides I liked the FLL definitions better anyway...

Oh but for the prepositions... we combined the lists :D

When we did CC the English grammar was not included in the songs. My kids had already memorized from FLL so we stuck with FLL definitions... and my younger kids also went with FLL. It made reading through FLL easier and it didn't really matter in our co-op classes or for the memory master testing.... besides I liked the FLL definitions better anyway...

Oh but for the prepositions... we combined the lists :D

We used the FLL definitions too. I also liked them better. We weren't attempting memory master so that wasn't an issue, but using the FLL definitions made it SO much easier to go through FLL because they have you repeat the definitions SO many times! I did use the CC preposition list though, and used the CC order of helping verbs and linking verbs.

I'm a newbie to CC and one of the best products is the memory work CDs put to music. We won't begin until fall, but my kids have already memorized the presidents song and some of the timeline song~ they are fantastic. We already know the definitions for FLL and the skip counting songs from MUS, so I'm not sure how I'll handle that (probably have them learn the CC songs so we can sing along). But if I were going to buy just one thing to go along with the Foundations guide and "do" CC at home, it would most definitely be the CDs!