Menu

Another Math thread... TT or MUS?

I have tried searching but I never come up with what I want.

We currently use Math U See. However dd has been complaining it doesn't go in depth enough. I love Steve but I don't think there is enough explanation for the problems either. We skipped graphing altogether because even my dh (who has done pre-calc in college) couldn't figure out the way the graphing was done.

Anyway, I have heard rave reviews about TT. I think I am ready to just buy it and get it over with (the cost pains me) but want to hear from others.

Have you use both? Does MUS get better?

Depending on how this goes with dd, I am looking at getting it for ds as well.

So need input! :)

We use (and like) TT, but math seems to be such an individual thing, in that one kid likes one program and another prefers something else, so I think the best way to decide is to have your kids look at the sample lessons on the TT website to see what they think of them.

One very nice thing about TT is that there is an opportunity for the student to see every single problem worked out and solved. (They don't have to watch the detailed explanations if they don't want to see them, but there is a place to click on every problem so they can pick and choose which to watch, if any.)

Ditto what Cat said. There are samples on the TT website, so definitely try them. If you buy from them, don't they have a generous return policy? And when you're done, your resale value will be good. It's not going to be that huge a bite in the end, just initially.