Menu

Drama queens & others: getting stage make-up out of white shirt

Laurie4b

You might need two products. One to remove the grease (you might have done that with the Dawn) and the other to remove the makeup color.

If you think it might still have grease in it, I would try Goop or Goo Gone.

Then to get the color out, I would soak that part of the shirt overnight in a pretty strong concentration of Oxyclean.

ds just did something to a white dress shirt. I've no idea what was on it. it. was. brand. new. it was completely unuseable, and a regular wash cycle with oxyclean in the cycle didn't do anything to it. It's currently soaking in a bucket with a concentrated oxyclean soak. all hail oxyclean. almost all of it is gone (I need to go back and check on it), and it is apparent what is left is being eaten by the enzymes.

I've had some luck with rubbing Dawn dish detergent into the stain. Use the blue kind.

Ditto on the dawn dish soap soak and maybe a scrub with a soft tooth brush, followed by a warm water wash with oxyclean. Hang dry. If that doesn't do the trick, soak over night in a double strength oxyclean solution.

If all that fails, buy a new shirt!