Menu

Summer Movie Clubs . . . for Moms!

scrapbookbuzz

I was just reading on a coupon site about upcoming Summer Movie Clubs for kids

and thought, "Why isn't there one for moms?" In case you are unfamiliar with these, you buy

a pass, for about $5-$10 per person, and they can get out of the summer heat for a morning,

for one movie a week, totalling about 10 movies over the summer. These are not first run movies, they

may be two or three years old but it's a fun activity to do in the summer to pass the time. And it's mostly

for kids.

I'm thinking there should be the same offering for moms, with a good mix or romcom, adventure, intrigue, etc.

Nothing kid-centric or gory horror, but kind of like 'beach read' books, but in movies.

So, if this was something offered in your area, what would you want to see? (Remember, no new releases, so you can

get the great discount on the pass.)

I think I'd like to see movies like Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, 27 Dresses, Thor, and a few others.

You?

Bridget Jones's Diary

Inception

The Painted Veil

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Star Trek

Layer Cake

Snatch

something from the James Bond series

Love Actually

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Adaptation

Zombieland (I really wanted to see this when it was out, but never got to...)

The Hangover

Horrible Bosses

Inception was brilliant! I've actually had a dream within a dream within a dream so it enticed me from the beginning.

amazing!

It's one of my favorite movies. Love, love, love it. I saw it multiple times when it was out in the theaters. It's definitely a movie that deserves a big screen! Fascinating story, great acting & directing, amazing visuals. Can you tell I LOVE this movie? :thumbup1: