Menu

Dd's last day of school

Night Elf

Today is the last day of 9th grade for her in public school. And would you believe she's sad that it is summer break? I'm so proud of her for all of her hard work. She told me that it was homeschooling that made her such a good student. She knew how to study and how to pace herself with assignments. It was challenging at first to work with deadlines but she didn't have a problem with it. I do feel good about her decision to attend public school. I really missed her being at home though. I'm looking forward to this summer just because she'll be home with me! Yay! :) She is worried she will be bored to tears. She is trying to get into the advanced level of 10th grade math so she'll be working in a geometry textbook to prepare for a test. I think she is also compiling a list of books to read that she hasn't been able to get to because of school. Maybe I'll ask if she would like to do some logic work too.

Is there a summer school course she can take to keep herself busy, if she wants?

I think the geometry homework is going to keep her busy. She was in the 9th grade on-level math this year and the accelerated class covered more material than her regular class did. Students who maintained a 98 or above are given the opportunity to self-educate the concepts and try to test into the 10th grade accelerated class. There is so much material that it would certainly fill a summer class. It's called the bridge program but they don't offer a class for it. It's all on the student. I just hope she can do it without getting too frustrated. DH will be able to help at least.