Menu

Can you share cool Father's Day crafts?

Alicia64

The only cool one I did was a few years ago. I have two kids and three step-kids. I went out and bought the big wood letters D, A and Y in white. Took black and white photos of each child individually holding up a letter to spell out DADDY. I went from the oldest to the youngest. I will see if I can share a picture. It was really cute but you could do all sorts of arrangements if you don't have 5 kids! You could take pics of kids holding each letter and arrange to spell out Dad or Daddy or whatever. It was fun. You could even do I and a heart and a U.

Arranged them in a nice frame with 5 slots reading across.

The only cool one I did was a few years ago. I have two kids and three step-kids. I went out and bought the big wood letters D, A and Y in white. Took black and white photos of each child individually holding up a letter to spell out DADDY. I went from the oldest to the youngest. I will see if I can share a picture. It was really cute but you could do all sorts of arrangements if you don't have 5 kids! You could take pics of kids holding each letter and arrange to spell out Dad or Daddy or whatever. It was fun. You could even do I and a heart and a U.

Arranged them in a nice frame with 5 slots reading across.

LOVE this idea, Fourcatmom! Thank you!

I can tell I'd love you in real life. I love African Greys and cats!

Thanks for such a cute idea!

Alley

LOVE this idea, Fourcatmom! Thank you!

I can tell I'd love you in real life. I love African Greys and cats!

Thanks for such a cute idea!

Alley

Your welcome. I will see if I can upload the pic. It is really cute but there are so many variations to this idea that you can play with it to meet your needs. We love our Grey too, she is almost 14 years old! Older then the kids. :laugh:

Back when the kids' feet were smaller, I had them step fabric paint footprints onto the back of a t-shirt, and in-between I wrote "my girls walk all over me." He gets tons of compliments on that shirt. This works best with multiple adults: I did it when my mom was over (to help me dangle toddlers over the shirt like a stamp), then helped a friend hold up her kids to do the same for her dh's birthday. My friend even did a pawprint of their dog.

Last year, I interviewed our oldest (he was 4) with 10 questions about Daddy, typed up the questions and answers, added a nice border in Word, then printed it and had my son write his name on the bottom. It's framed and on my husband's desk at work. I'll do the same questions this year and see what we get for answers this time.

Last year, I interviewed our oldest (he was 4) with 10 questions about Daddy, typed up the questions and answers, added a nice border in Word, then printed it and had my son write his name on the bottom. It's framed and on my husband's desk at work. I'll do the same questions this year and see what we get for answers this time.

Would you share those questions? I would love to do this!

Would you share those questions? I would love to do this!

Sure. Keep in mind that the humor comes from the answers, not the questions. :laugh:

What is Daddy's name?

What does Daddy do for fun?

What does Daddy do at work?

What are Daddy's favorite things to eat?

What does Daddy like to drink?

How old is Daddy?

How tall is Daddy?

What is Daddy's hair like?

How much does Daddy weigh?

What makes Daddy the best?

What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy?

How long have you known Daddy?