Menu

gather around friends...I need advice!

lollie010

I'm not sure I would read more into it than what it was, on the surface. But, if it made you think that you could, and want to, put in some additional effort to show your huband some additional appreciation, then I think it could be a good idea.

It's not like you'd be finding that lipstick and organizing that closet to keep him from cheating. Rather, it's sometimes just a nice thing that husbands and wives should do for each other, in my opinion. I think a little effort goes a long way.

I'm sure she didn't intend her comment to be anything more than a compliment to you for having such an attractive husband. That said, if you've really been letting yourself go and it bothers you, it's never a bad idea to start paying a bit more attention to your appearance -- but again, not because the lady was suggesting that your dh might cheat on you or anything like that, because I'm sure she didn't mean it that way.

Sometimes, little comments are enough to open our eyes to things we've been avoiding or that simply hadn't occurred to us, like getting back into shape or putting on a little makeup or dressing a bit better, but as long as your dh hasn't been complaining (or ogling other women,) I'm sure you have absolutely nothing to worry about. In other words, if you want to improve yourself, do it because you want to do it for yourself and your own self-confidence, not because you're worried that your dh is going to start to roam. Sure, your dh will get some benefit out of it, too, but the fact is, he probably already thinks you're gorgeous and may not care at all if you change a single thing.

Thanks ladies so much for your responses. Really appreciate you taking the time, but I think I may have just put TMI out on the internet. Ooops. I am going to delete the text of the thread and just go chat with the lady. Thx.

Why would you go chat with the lady about an innocent compliment?

I really think you're reading way too much into this.

I read it earlier this morning, and remember the gist of it. I'm trying to answer vaguely enough, but if you'd like me to delete this just LMK.

I'm not sure which sure you belong to, but I'm Catholic. Today we celebrated Pentecost, and I think I'd take the encounter under that umbrella - like the Holy Spirit was tapping my shoulder to bring this to light. I wouldn't mention it again, except perhaps to smile knowingly at her in the weeks to come, as an unspoken but appreciative nod of thanks. Seeing changes, I'm sure she'd reply in kind.

And I'd go easy on myself in the meanwhile. In the thick of things, our priorities can suffer; we tend to put the squeaky wheel (kids, day-to-day stuff) ahead of the neglected-but-quiet wheel (ourselves, beyond basic biological needs). I've BTDT and wanted to let you know that I totally get it. Talk about your lightbulb moments LOL.