Menu

Health/Nutrition course for HS

Hello, I was looking at getting the Light Speed Nutrition Bundle and the Total Health Curriculum for my 15 yo. dd who is highly interested in health and nutrition. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with either of these and if there was any other recommendations that you could lead me to. Thank you so much, erin.

Hello, I was looking at getting the Light Speed Nutrition Bundle and the Total Health Curriculum for my 15 yo. dd who is highly interested in health and nutrition. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with either of these and if there was any other recommendations that you could lead me to. Thank you so much, erin.

I am unfamiliar with either of these curricula. I am a registered dietitian, so I put together my own program for my dd this year, which is why I really haven't previewed any curricula. I will recommend the book Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook by Nancy Clark. She is regarded as a leader in the nutrition realm, so you'll find the book to be scientifically sound and accurate. The book has a sports nutrition slant, but the general info is so easy to understand that your dd should have no trouble reading & comprehending the information. She writes in a very motivating style which spurs lay people to form goals and IMO, that's really what you want your dd to establish: healthy lifestyle habits that are set now while young so that they become part of life into adulthood.

HTH,

Jennifer