Menu

AAS/AAR and all the stuff that goes with them

ItoLina

I have AAS that I have been using for ds. I have the interactive kit components that we use with AAS (letter tiles, cd, etc). I have been doing AAR prelevel 1 with dd and will probably purchase AAR level 1 for her in the next few months. I am wondering it I need to get the whole interactive kit for her, or if I could use the same letter tiles as AAS and just get the review box and divider cards? Thanks!

Thats what we did! We bought the AAR level one teacher's manual, student activity book, and the readers. We use the same letter tiles that we use for my older children's spelling lessons. I made my own divider cards and we use an index card box we found at a thrift store.

:thumbup1:

You don't need the whole interactive kit if you already have AAS. Just the divider cards and review box (I didn't get the review box either, I just use an index card box).

I opted for another set of letter tiles too, I use a separate board for AAR because I didn't want to confuse my young reader with our AAS board- we use a smaller board and it is kind of crowded with all the other tiles and the alphabet wrapping around to a second row. So for AAR I have a nice clean board with only the alphabet tiles. That's just me, others won't need that.

You do need the student packet that comes with AAR since the review cards are different- you probably knew that but thought I'd mention since I've seen ut asked here before.

If you use the same board for AAS/AAR, you can always cover up tiles that you aren't using yet. This is what we do, as I have a child working in AAS 3 and a child working in AAR 1, so we just cover the "extra" letters with a piece of paper. It's worked very well. :)

If you use the same board for AAS/AAR, you can always cover up tiles that you aren't using yet. This is what we do, as I have a child working in AAS 3 and a child working in AAR 1, so we just cover the "extra" letters with a piece of paper. It's worked very well. :)

Yes. Another thing you can do is to put the older one's tiles all at the bottom of the board, and only the tiles both are using at the top, so that visually they are separated.