Menu

Keys to.... Math - about how long per workbook?

Michelle T

What's a reasonable time frame for completing each Key to... workbook? I am working my way through the fractions books with DS, and plan on going through most of the Keys to.. topics. They are a good fit for DS. But I'm wondering roughly how long I should be scheduling for each workbook, and for each complete math subject. DS is 12.

Oh, and do you do all the problems on every page? Some of those pages have a lot of problems, and while I'm tempted to skip some, I don't want to short-change DS.

Michelle T

The second half of the year dd did measurement at the same time she was doing decimals and she did 2 pages of each/day most days.We got through all of fractions,decimals, and most of measurement in one year.Decimals was easier than fractions for dd.Now that I've tried it,I plan to start my youngest in grade 5 with the series so I can space it out a little more since we really pushed at the end of last year to get it completed.Dd did all the problems on the pages for fractions and decimals but only the sections I chose for measurement.

Does anybody use this series along w/ another spine? For ex/ my dd11 is doing Saxon 8/7. I have the Key to Fractions, Dec. and Percents that I would like her to do b/c those are her "trouble" areas. How many pages to do each day if she's doing Sax. already? One, two?

Sue, I'm not sure if this is "right", but I have my dd do 2 pages a day from Key To while also doing Saxon and Singapore. (Yes, we're trying to make up for lost time. :blush: )