Menu

Zoology 3--suggestions anyone?

Tiramisu

I will be teaching a coop science class for ages 9-11 this year using Zoology 3. I have some reservations about the text but have decided to proceed because the parents and kids have enjoyed using this series.

I would love some suggestions on how to make this work in a coop setting for a first-timer.

What length of assignments are realistic for this age group on the days we don't meet? Should there be homework everyday?

Who is the lovely person who offered to share the animal pics? I would love to have them! (I tried to search for this but had no luck.)

I thought of using blank books for the kids to use for the notebook assigments, recording the animal tracks, and including maps for the animal pics. Would that be effective?

Any other comments or thoughts would be helpful.

Thank you all!

Is this Apologia by Jeannie Fulbright? If so, check Donna young.org. I'm not sure, but she may have some zoology apologia lesson plans on her site. Also check out the notebooking pages that Jeannie has for free on her site.

Kimberly

You've probably already seen these, but thought I'd post them anyway.

There are some co-op manuals for botany and astronomy here:

http://www.jeanniefulbright.com/science.html

You might find some ideas there. Also, join her yahoo group (bottom of that link). There are some schedules in the files. Someone else might be working on that now, too! It's a great place to ask questions, too.

There will be some notebook pages available for zoology 3 here:

http://www.jeanniefulbright.com/notebookpages.html

in those FILES, but I'm really hoping to find something like a sheet of animal pictures that I can photocopy so the children can cut them out and glue them on to the maps. I see the empty maps and the maps already beautifully completed but how do I have the students complete the maps without nice pictures to give them? I could have them draw their own but that would really overwhelm them, I think.