Menu

sloppy joes/crock pot question

NotSoObvious

I'm making a "healthier sloppy joe" recipe I found online. It's all done on a skillet and takes about 30 minutes.

I don't want to be cooking when our company arrives.

At what point can I put this all in the crock pot? Could I brown the meat now (10:30AM), then put everything else in the crockpot until dinner? Or do I need to cook the veggies a bit with the meat first?

They great thing about crock pots is that they're so versatile. Something like that probably only needs a couple of hours to be done, but it should be fine to leave it considerably longer. I'd probably cook the veggies with the meat, but they'd likely be fine just throwing them in the crock pot.

OK, so if I cook the meat and veggies this afternoon, then throw everything else in the crock pot and let it sit on low for a few hours, I should be fine??

I'm a recipe follower and have no cooking sense!

That should be perfectly fine. I would definitely keep it on low though--I've had tomato based sauces burn around the edge in my crockpot when it's too hot.