Menu

So. California peeps - what to wear?

dirty ethel rackham

I am leaving tomorrow for a wedding in Huntington Beach CA and need to decide what clothing to bring. Seeing that we live in the Chicago 'burbs, I want to be prepared for anything, but can't bring 5 suitcases :). I have the attire for the wedding itself covered, but am unsure what you all are wearing this time of year. We arrive Thursday evening and are flying out Sunday evening. I have nice slacks and blouse for the rehearsal dinner and plan to bring a sweater to put on over it. How chilly will it get at night?

the beach can get chilly, and we are having a bit of chilly weather, low 70's during the day but it is supposed to warm up. I'd bring summer things for the day, but also bring something to wrap up in once it cools off in the evening, like pants and a sweater.

Thanks, everyone. I got my summer things out of the crawl space and started the laundry, only to realize that I culled a lot of clothes from last year that were too worn-looking, but didn't replace them. Pickings are slim. Don't think I'll have time tomorrow to shop so I guess I'll just have to deal with what limited clothes I have.

I was thinking the same thing as EE. Chilly for us probably isn't chilly for you!

Most of the days right now I am wearing jeans and tee shirts, with a sweater or sweatshirt for evenings, but the next few days are supposed to be really warm. Just remember that So Cal, especially beach cities, is a really casual place. Jeans or shorts are almost always acceptable attire for non-wedding related events.