Menu

Oh snap! Discussion has concluded! :-)

RoughCollie

Maybe this thread will help?

http://forums.welltr...1-crash-course/

Well, thank you very much! That is quite entertaining, to say the least (and with this bunch it seems saying less is safer.... *wink*)

But now I need to find the rules that were being discussed, lest I inadvertently break one myself sometime, and I now have MORE questions....

I'll go start a new thread. Thanks, OP, for putting up with this hijack!

I think it more important to spare Tom as much as possible. I suspect that he already feels ashamed of his parents. His spending so much time with your family may indicate his wish to live differently from his parents' style. He probably feels a LOT of interior pain over his parents and over how people shun them. Make sure that he does not suffer from your family's attitudes which, despite your best intentions, probably will slip out now and then.

If the food pantry items were sent as an awkward "thank you" from the parents for all the kindness you show their son, be thankful for their effort, no matter how clumsy it was.

I can't help thinking that so many people roar with laughter about that foolish sit-com, "Roseanne", yet express surprise over the many real-life "Roseannes".

Guest submarines

I think it more important to spare Tom as much as possible. I suspect that he already feels ashamed of his parents. His spending so much time with your family may indicate his wish to live differently from his parents' style. He probably feels a LOT of interior pain over his parents and over how people shun them. Make sure that he does not suffer from your family's attitudes which will, despite your best intentions, slip out now and then.

If the food pantry items were sent as an awkward "thank you" from the parents for all the kindness you show their son, be thankful for their effort, no matter how clumsy it was.

I can't help thinking that so many people roar with laughter about that foolish sit-com, "Roseanne", yet express surprise over the many real-life "Roseannes".

:iagree:

I think it more important to spare Tom as much as possible. I suspect that he already feels ashamed of his parents. His spending so much time with your family may indicate his wish to live differently from his parents' style. He probably feels a LOT of interior pain over his parents and over how people shun them. Make sure that he does not suffer from your family's attitudes which will, despite your best intentions, slip out now and then.

:iagree:

and if you do forward them onto another food pantry - do NOT tell tom or tom's parents that's what you did. that would be like sticking your finger in their eye. no matter how clumsy their gift was - it was most likely well intended and should be treated as such.