Menu

Orlando...things to do and where to eat?? (vacation)

Holly IN

If you have a house for your stay, you can save a lot on food and packing lunches for day trips, etc. You may want to bring a crock pot if you are driving; most houses won't provide one but we use ours for dinners when you come home and are too tired to cook. Go see Winter and her friends in Clearwater and visit the beach. Don't waste your money on Ripley's Wonderworks or whatever it's called on International. It's horrible, pricey and only takes an hour, if that. If you head for Downtown Disney, be prepared to say "no" a lot if you are not into shopping; there are a ton of stores and many temptations but if you are looking for one really nice dinner there are several great options in Downtown with free parking. We've never been to Universal but we love Busch Gardens and the all day dining deal can be a great option if you plan to be there all day. I have heard there are several great organic farms that you can visit but haven't found one yet. HTH

Thank you for the heads up on crockpot. I will def take one with us. I do plan to cook a lot at the house but we do want to experience some restaurants that is exclusive to Florida. ;)

Holly

Talked to the kids some more. They looked at the WDW website. They are not that impressed with it. So its either universal studios or Busch Gardens. We still want to do some off beaten path stuff which you guys gave really good recommendations (thanks btw!)

So those of you with Teens which did they like best: Busch gardens or Universal studios? Did they even like WDW?

Thanks!

Holly

We've been to both several times and for rides I would pick Universal over Busch Gardens, but Busch Gardens also has animals which might make you go the other way.

Islands of Adventure has more thrill rides than Disney, however they don't have a good system of "fast passes" to make your day more efficient. Busch Gardens is an excellent choice for teens, love the animal aspects along with the rides.

Do they still have the stay on site thing? If you stay with them you are an automatic fass pass. We did this one year and rode everything twice with almost not waiting.

Sorry guys. Things got really busy here at my house.

We plan to take meat with us to save money however where can we get farm fresh eggs in Orlando? I realize we probably will have to drive for it or take it with us. The less we take that is cold the better.

Thanks!

Holly Truitt