Menu

Favorite items from Azure Standard or nuts.com Anyone order from either?

Prairie~Phlox

We order our chicken feed from Azure Standard, but maybe you don't need that. :) It's organic, corn-free and soy-free, and a very good price.

I also like to get beans, lentils, and rice and other staples like that. Sometimes, they have a special on something like coconut milk yogurt or something else we use a lot of, and I'll order that, too. They had a great deal on Biokleen Bac-Out last year and I bought a couple of gallons.

We order bulk popcorn seeds from Azure. It is our go-to snack around here and we can order 25 lbs very reasonable. We have also ordered their bulk oatmeal, quick bean soup mix (lentils, rice, split peas), other dry beans, and rice from Azure. Oh- and coconut oil seems to be another item we order regularly- for the popcorn, of course.

I ordered from nuts.com recently and was very happy with the products.

I ordered about 7 types of nuts, quinoa, oats, and some dried apricots.

I ended up calculating if I saved money by going that route vs. my local health food store and it was about the same (because the shipping was pricey -- like $14 ish).

I've never ordered from Azure.

I need to add an important caveat to my above post.

WHen comparing the Nuts.com order to my local health food store, the nuts.com products/nuts were BY FAR superior, fresher, better, more beautiful, ________(insert several more positive adjectives) than the local health food stores, so even though it doesn't really SAVE me money, I'll continue to order with them from hence forth.

Nuts.com:

candied ginger~cheapest/best place I've found it

dried strawberries~not the flakey ones, but these are like candy and will disappear in a flash

berry mix~I liked the strawberries and cherries best

popped quinoa~eh

almond meal~nice but not as superfine as 1 or 2 other varieties

coconut meal~fine

pecan meal~fine

almond paste~haven't used yet

We've ordered a few times because we love the ginger and its one of the easier ways to get a variety of nut flours.