Menu

Need a large brownie cake

momofkhm

DD and I are talking about her graduation party and how there is usually a cake that says "Congratulations!" But dd doesn't like cake. She immediately says brownie. But I can get a cookie at the mall, very large, with "Congratulations!" on it. No, too much frosting, she wants a brownie. Fine, but who is going to have such a thing? We're looking at about 40 people or so.

I'd just bake pans of brownies and serve them creatively on a large platter -- like, lay them out in a cris-cross herringbone pattern, or like a sun rise, or build a castle in 3-D on a smaller platter, or put each one in a very 'crafty' decorative cupcake paper, or maybe add a little touch (not icing) like a candy, or white chocolate 'scroll' (for graduation), or some could have one letter of contradulations or her name...

Know what I mean? Play with the individual-ness of them, rather than trying to fake cake-like solidness.