Menu

Service club name

LNC

Can you help my children name their club.

They are starting a peer buddy program for our county school system for teens with special needs. I'm being generic with the proper nouns so google doesn't find it...

"Peer Buddy Program" of "County"

or

"Peer Buddy Program" in "County"

They do have permission for the county school system admins to recruit through the schools (their brother is enrolled), but I don't want any misunderstanding that this is a government program. So just the name of the county without the word county...

Thanks for advice. :)

The club will serve only our county school district.

In the homepage the description will state that it is for "County". That is enough I guess?

"Peer Buddy" isn't the actual name, I'm being generic to avoid a google search to this post.

We have a weebly website designed, and are making a facebook and. The specific domain name is taken on Weebly though unless we add something, which is why we added the County name. So, you all think of "County" and in "County" all look like offical county programs?

Hmm. Are you sure it's taken? If it is, maybe change the name from Peer Buddy to something else. (Is "peer buddy" a term that is commonly used to describe these relationships? I'm not familiar with it so I don't know if maybe you could change it to something else and just use the term in the description instead of the title.)

I don't think adding the county name necessarily makes it sound like a county program. Around here pregnancy service centers are named "County" Pregnancy Services, where "County" is the name of the county without the word "county" added. They are not official county programs, they just serve people in that county. Maybe having the county name at the front? Like, County Peer Program.

Of your two choices above I like "of." I think it flows better than "in."

Is the program like the national group Best Buddies. Best Buddies has branches in a few of the high schools near me. Would it be worthwhile to become a Best Buddies affiliate? If not I'd leave Buddy out of the name.

No Best Buddies around, and our name isn't related.