Menu

Deleted per 9/10/14 board guidelines.

Erica in OR

I just went through some of my school folders to get rid of anything that was too low of level for the littles. I still have a ways to go. I have lots of printed worksheets that we never got to that we might eventually get to. I would also love to go through my folders and get rid of most of the paperwork in them.

Ah, good idea to hit the school folders and binders. I could do that. I don't know what else I have that's outside of my filing system besides that.

Erica in OR

Erica, maybe this has already been asked, but would you consider making this a social group when/if they're ever back up again?

It would be great to collect the past week challenges, and for better discussion, of course.

I am still plugging along. I have a few tasks from March that I still need to do (like make a master list of what's in my wallet). I've been working on this week's task for quite a while. I've cleaned through and emptied out a lot from my filing cabinets and re-organized things as I've needed to. I have several banker boxes worth of papers to shred. It's been really hard to find a time when I can sit and read through files of documents and shred them as needed. I wish I knew how much document shredding services were in town; I'd love to take in my boxes that I've sorted through and watch them shred my documents right then so that I could guarantee the safety of private financial data.

We've had a lot going on in life....hopefully some time will free up and I can make some real progress in this area this week.

Erica, maybe this has already been asked, but would you consider making this a social group when/if they're ever back up again?

It would be great to collect the past week challenges, and for better discussion, of course.

Good idea, Audrey. I admit to not knowing how the social groups work, so would either need some pointers or I'm open to someone else setting it up.

Less difficulty with each week's challenge getting buried that way, too.

Erica in OR

Good idea, Audrey. I admit to not knowing how the social groups work, so would either need some pointers or I'm open to someone else setting it up.

Less difficulty with each week's challenge getting buried that way, too.

Erica in OR

It's actually even easier in this format than the old one. If you click on "Social Groups" in the blue bar near the top of every page, it takes you to the Social Groups page. Click the black "Add Group" button near the upper right on that page and follow the instructions.

The default settings are for the group to be public (viewable by anyone) and open (anyone who wants to join is automatically approved as a member). You can enter a name and a brief description for the group. If you leave the group at the defaults, you won't really have to do anything after that.

Social groups work like mini-sub-forums. Members can start new threads within the group, so it isn't one big long conversation. You could have a thread for each week as you have been and/or people can start new threads (on topic, of course).