Menu

Dc have a scientific theory. Would you help provide data?

DD#1 was born at 12:03 am. She likes to stay up late, but she is adjusting well to getting up early because she started back to ps last week.

DD#2 was born at 1:00 pm. She doesn't mind going to bed early, but she has a hard time falling asleep, so she ends up going to sleep late most nights.

DD#3 was born at 4:30 am. In theory, she likes to stay up late. But she runs hard all day long and she falls asleep almost as soon as her head hits the pillow.

But here are our stats:

ds born at 11am

dd1 born at 6pm

dd2 born at 1pm

They will go to sleep around 8:30-10pm and wake about 8-9am. Times dependent on events. The noticeable thing about my kids is that their sleeping rythms are in sync for the most part. Please post the results! :001_smile:

You know, I've heard this theory before (that birth time relates to sleep preference), so I googled it to see if I could find other studies.

And discovered that these days the theory is that it's genetic. It's really pretty interesting to read about.

Another rabbit trail: If we didn't have so many birth interventions, would we tend to have more births at a certain time of day/night?

And another: How does electrical lighting figure into this? Would so-called night owls

Can you tell I wish I could've crashed your party and hung out with you?