Menu

We are having one of those math spells...

...the ones where she takes forever to complete only a few problems, makes mistakes for no apparent reason, and can't seem to actually think about taking the steps to complete problems she's been doing accurately and with ease for the last few months.

I hope it passes quickly!

Well if your child has no learning/focus issues, I would give a little less to do but not let them move on to anything else until they redo correctly every incorrect problem, as long as you are sure they are careless mistakes. On the other hand if your kid has any style of ADHD, etc...I can attest that this will not work and will end with your head exploding rather than the student making any actual progress :)

Brownie

High-protein breakfast + hard physical exercise will generally turn back on DD11's brain. It's not a sure-fire cure, though. We have the occasional day when her brain is simply a jello mold. When that happens, we generally switch to something else for a while and come back to the math later in the day.

my problem is my son spent 4 mo on elements of mathematic and then we read a murderous maths book (probability) and when we went back to LOF decimals, he was struggling a bit with long division because he hadnt practiced it in so long. :huh: