Menu

help me justify...

Shannon in TN

throwing out old workbooks!! I'm using spring break to clean and clear out the school room a bit and get organized (yeah, right!) and I don't know what to do with old workbooks. Are they worth hanging on to? Mind you, this is for a rising 2nd grader and 6th grader, not a high schooler who is supposed to be keeping a portfolio of work. I'm just a pack rat.

You might keep a few pages of each workbook, just as samples. You could even scan those pages so you don't have them taking up space. Then you can chuck the rest with impunity.

Or just toss them wholesale. As you say, they're elementary school. Nobody is going to demand work samples from your six-year-old. :)

At the end of each school year, we light a big fire in our fire pit and the kids take turns pitching their completed workbooks into the fire. Obviously, this is after my review and I do keep the tests/quizzes/enough for proof, but there is nothing more cathartic for my Tribe then to toss the hated math/grammar/writing book into the fire. I do keep special art projects and anything my kids are particularly attached to. Everything else goes!