Menu

Upper Respiratory for 3 weeks..what else can I do?

KatieJ

I have had this bug for 3 weeks. Got it from my kids and grands, who were also sick for weeks.

Not in bed sick, just run down and tired. I am for the most part better, but still have no voice by the end of the day and still somewhat congested. Temp is back to normal and I am not so wicked tired as I was. DH now has it. Sigh.

I did call the Dr. office last week and they said it didn't sound like I needed to be seen, just continue to rest and get over it.

another sigh.

So on Friday is a 3 day Cropping thing I have paid 125.00 to go to. It's only once a year and I would love to go!

I am doing the neti pot twice a day, using zinc spray and EmergenC. Any thoughts on how to boost my immune system this week?

My daughter had something like that after Christmas that lasted about 5 weeks. After about week 3, I put her on echinacea, zinc, and vitamin C. I don't know if that helped or if it just needed to run its course, but at about 5 weeks she was probably back to normal.

My daughter had something like that after Christmas that lasted about 5 weeks. After about week 3, I put her on echinacea, zinc, and vitamin C. I don't know if that helped or if it just needed to run its course, but at about 5 weeks she was probably back to normal.

At what point do you go out and not worry you are contagious?

5 weeks..seriously, I have a life to get back to and now with my DH sick we will never get to hold that new grandson! He is 1 month old and I haven't held him since he was in the hospital. He lives walking distance from my house!

Sigh.

How about Vit. A? I tried Vit. A the last time I was sick when I ran out of my usual remedies. I took close to 100,000 IU to hit it hard at the beginning and then 60,000 IU x3/day to maintain until it was gone. I almost couldn't believe it, but it worked really well for me. I was using this Carotene (Vit. A).

How about Vit. A? I tried Vit. A the last time I was sick when I ran out of my usual remedies. I took close to 100,000 IU to hit it hard at the beginning and then 60,000 IU x3/day to maintain until it was gone. I almost couldn't believe it, but it worked really well for me. I was using this Carotene (Vit. A).

That would be a new thought for me.

Hmm..

That would be a new thought for me.

Hmm..

It's cheap...doesn't hurt to try, right? Do you have a vitamin store near you? The capsules are small and easy to take, too. Vit. A is an immune booster and it can dry out those sinuses (as it did with me).

I had something similar. It dragged on for weeks, and I was achy and fatigued.

I saw a display for elderberry syrup and bought some because I wanted so badly to feel better. Amazingly, I started feeling better within a couple of days of taking it.

I had something similar. It dragged on for weeks, and I was achy and fatigued.

I saw a display for elderberry syrup and bought some because I wanted so badly to feel better. Amazingly, I started feeling better within a couple of days of taking it.

Thank you for that encouragement! I went to the health food store today and bought Elderberry and Echineacea. I refilled my EmergenC supply.

I am sure hoping this will end the run for me this week! I was kind enough to share ti with my DH....hope his duration is much shorter than mine!

I don't feel bad anymore, but I still have something going on in my nose and my voice is distressed by the end of the day. the fever and chills is gone. Thankfully! Fatigue was awful.

sleep sleep sleep. Minced garlic, honey, b-complex, good oils (nuts) and good proteins (lean meat.) and more sleep. Sleep a whole 24 hours ( = find someone to watch the kids.)

You made me smile. My last child got married 3 years ago, so we are empty nesters.

I am sleeping and resting whenever I feel like it!

However, several of my kids are going on a cruise in 3 weeks and I am watching 3 of the grands for them!

I do need to kick this for more than one reason.

Have you tried steaming yourself? Pour a kettle full of boiling water into a large mixing bowl on the kitchen table. Sit down next to it and put a towel over it to make a steamy tent to breathe in. Keep breathing (taking breaks if necessary) until the steam is gone. It really seems to help with the symptoms.

Laura