Menu

Discovery Streaming ?

Alice

While I was checking out the Homeschool Buyers Co-op website I saw their offer for Discovery Streaming. I've seen a lot of people mention it here and have thought about it for us but just can't decide...

I have a 4 yr old (will be 5 in the fall). He loves science videos, which is what I would see us mainly using this for. We don't have TV so right now I rely on the library for videos. Our library has a good selection but we've been through most of the science ones already. I don't see us really using this for school, but more as something he could do for fun occasionally. And I woudn't have to worry about returning the videos on time. :)

One thing I don't understand about the service is how exactly it works. Can you pick any video you want to watch anytime? Or are there a list of certain things available at certain times?

One thing I don't understand about the service is how exactly it works. Can you pick any video you want to watch anytime? Or are there a list of certain things available at certain times?

You can pick any video to watch anytime! You will need a high speed interneet connection. For us, it has been well worth the money we have spent. We use it for Elementary Spanish along with tons of videos for History and Science (my dc love, love, love the Magic School Bus videos). For a 4yo I am not sure how many options you would have. I would ask on this board what's available. I haven't tried to see what's on there specifically for my little guys. Be careful when you ask though that people from the states where DS is free aren't answering you b/c they have the deluxe package available to them. There is a ton for them that is not available with the homeschool subscription.

Blessings and PM me if you have any other questions!

My understanding is right now it is only free in Alabama and Georgia. If you go the the Homeschool Buyers Co-op site and look at group buys - scroll down to Discovery Streaming. Then when you click to learn more it says there if you live in those states you have access to it free. I think lots more states used to offer it free but now it's only down to those two.