Menu

Tax Classes at H&R Block - good bad or somewhere in between?

Bang!Zoom!

I took them about 12-15 years ago. I had already been doing complex tax returns, but it was good to go over the finer points. I worked for them for a few years, but when there was a big push to sell their financial products instead of just focusing on tax returns I quit. Not to mention the multiple training sessions during the holidays.

I took the course a long time ago and thought maybe I'd work for them seasonally- I took the class to get out of the house. Needed an escape from being home with four kids, and thought it would be fun. Loved the class but decided not to take the job. I'm so glad I took the class- I've done our taxes since and some years have been fairly complicated. I've been able to help our kids learn how to file their own taxes, too. It was fun for me...others in the class didn't always seem to find it fun though. I bet a LOT depends on the instructor. Ours was quite open to answering questions that went beyond the scope of the course.