Menu

WWYD? Finished SOTW2 this week...

kristi26

We are finishing the final chapter of SOTW2 this week. I don't plan on continuing with SOTW after this year. I plan to move on to Simply Charlotte Mason module 5, which you can see here for reference: http://simplycharlottemason.com/planning/scmguide/history-modules-overview/history-module-5/

So for that reason, I don't want to just start book 3. I am planning on doing a couple of weeks of PA History as that's required in our state, but what do I do after that? We'll only be up through to April at this rate. Thoughts?

Thanks! :)

How about SOTW projects that you didn't have time for? I also like the idea of geography study. that tends to get neglected here sometimes.

We have 5 more weeks in our history program. I plan on spending the remaining weeks of school on american history projects and field trips we didn't have time for. Probably some cooking too. Oh, and lots of literature.

When we finish, my plan is to do high-level geography (blobbing ala The Core), and focus on getting the high-level timeline really solidified.

This summer, we will probably do unit studies based on one major country at a time. We did random unit studies last summer (Olympics, birds, etc) and that was a big hit with my kids.

Maybe one of those 3 ideas would be a good short-term topic for you?