Menu

Harry Potter Experts: I have a question for you

And thank you in advance for helping. Did Professor Dumbledore say in any of the Potter books, "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

If Dumbledore said this quote, which book was it in?

Thank you again!

Alley

Yes, I knew about the attribution to Art Williams, but I was wondering if the quote was said by Dumbledore in a Potter book -- which would have come out years before Williams said it.

A Pinterest pin attributes it to Dumbledore and I want to make sure Dumbledore really said it before I use it in some writing.

Maybe he didn't say it at all.

Thanks,

Alley

I don't think that quote is anywhere in the Harry Potter books. I think the closest Dumbledore quote is:

"Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort." -Goblet of Fire

In the movie the line was changed slightly. According to IMDb the line in the movie is:

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy."