Menu

Dd did badly on the cat test grade 6. Help!

sweetsouthern

Easy Grammar for mechanics.

I'd want to know more about "comprehension," though. Is this your first year of homeschooling? Does it seem as if your dd reads well in general? How does she do in other subjects that require reading (such as history or science)?

Were you there when she took it? What kind of day was it overall? All it takes is a kid having a rough day for some other reason (like allergies or coming down with a cold or whatever) to lead to much lower than expected scores.

In addition, it's also possible that one section was just plain strange. When my DD took the SAT-10 as a 1st grader, she scored very, very well on every section of reading but one "sentence comprehension" subtest, where she barely scored at grade level. The proctor had told me and the other parents that there was one section that just didn't make sense to the kids-or to her, really-there were multiple answers that seemed, even to the adult, as potentially valid, and it had the kids stressed as well. And when I saw the scores, there was no doubt in my mind which subtest she'd been talking about.

No, we have always homeschooled. She has some learning issues that we have been working around, but it just seems like keep going over snd over the same things and she just picks up s little at a time. Thats why im thinking we need sometjing new to try since shes older. Her comprehension isnt usually to bad, we have been working on that in the lasf few months anyways.