Menu

How old is too old?

Incognito

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 yr old boy got a doll for Christmas. DH wasn't fond of the idea, but he got over it.

I had expressed to a couple of friends my excitement about him getting this doll for Christmas. Reason being, my DD has a Bitty Baby, and he was constantly carrying it around, covering it over with a blanket, being so gentle, but Bitty Baby is expensive, and he's not always careful. I figured getting him his own doll would be a great alternative. Needless to say, the people I told looked at me like I was crazy. One was a friend with many children, she feels it's ok if the boys play with dolls because they have sisters, but she wouldn't ever buy one of their own for them.

While it got me down for a moment, I finally realized that anyone who has an issue with it can eat crow. It's cute, and there is nothing wrong with little boys playing "Dad." It won't damage my son in any way shape or form, nor will it damage yours! I'm not sure that I'd want my son carrying around a super girly doll, but I just don't see anything wrong with a baby doll for children, girls or boys!!

when they are an adult with their own children - they are too old to be going out and about with dolls.

if it's a child - when they are no longer interested, or plan on handing the doll to you when they get tired of carrying it.

my 8yo son will still occasionally pick up and cuddle one of his sister's baby dolls (yeah, I kept them.) he will even dress them and wrap them up. but doesn't usually spend more than 15 minutes tops.