Menu

New one on me -- the garbage man got lost...

G5052

Our garbage company is normally extremely reliable. But no pickup on Tuesday, and I left it out on Wednesday because maybe once a year they'll get it the next day if there is a problem. No pickup on Wednesday.

So I called today, and the receptionist said that there was a new driver, and he got lost on Tuesday and missed sections of his route. He got back after they closed and didn't tell them, so they didn't know until late Wednesday when people started complaining.

She told me that everyone's account was adjusted, and the new driver was fired. I picture him driving and driving, trying to find his way. Poor guy.

Oh that makes me sad for him. I think he deserves a second chance. I wish he had just called it in that he was lost. It is such a difficult time to find good employment.

:iagree: I hate that he was fired. We can always tell when we have a new or replacement driver for recycling.... some streets will have been missed. I can only imagine how difficult it is to know where to just follow the right turns and where to have to make a u-turn and double back. Poor guy. I guess his not telling made it worse for him.

Our garbage company is normally extremely reliable. But no pickup on Tuesday, and I left it out on Wednesday because maybe once a year they'll get it the next day if there is a problem. No pickup on Wednesday.

So I called today, and the receptionist said that there was a new driver, and he got lost on Tuesday and missed sections of his route. He got back after they closed and didn't tell them, so they didn't know until late Wednesday when people started complaining.

She told me that everyone's account was adjusted, and the new driver was fired. I picture him driving and driving, trying to find his way. Poor guy.

Poor guy. He was probably so embarrassed. I would be tempted to call the company and ask them to give him another chance. We can all be amazingly stupid sometimes; it's great when someone can extend a little grace.

That's sad. I feel bad for the guy too. But I imagine that the company would not have fired him, if he had just called. I'm sure he's not the first new guy to get lost, but the fact that he didn't tell anyone and let the company find out via complaining customers is probably what got him fired.