Menu

Minecraft for ages 6-8

My Lego-loving sons have recently gotten into using Minecraft in a big way. I'm looking at ways to incorporate it into our school time so they can play but learn at the same time and I've found some great resources.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of or wants to start or join a group for the age 6-8 crowd. I don't want my kids just randomly joining servers that aren't being monitored or joining with just any other people for obvious reasons and I'm hoping to find some other younger kids for them to play with.

Laura

My boys like to play, and i've made them turn the words off (the language was HORRIBLE), so I would be interested in having them join any kid friendly servers that you guys could recommend. They are 9 and 11.

Jodie

(I realized they are older than you were looking for, so any other server suggestions would be appreciated). :)

Your best bet is to get your own private server, there are several services you can use to rent a private server. The cost is low if you limit the number of persons who have access...also you can use clanpay to allow friends to help pay for the server. This way you can monitor what is going on. Public servers are notoriously not kid friendly.

My son is 6.5 and loves Minecraft. We have never tried a server, mainly because I didn't want to mess with the language and other issues when you start dealing with other players. But, with a server set up for the little kids I might rethink that, because he would love it. Let me know if you do it!

Button plays the free version; no server here, we are Quite Isolationist in our internet use. But would be happy to involve him with your group for children; and he'd be happy, too! Like Halcyon's child, he is pretty much limited to weekends (mostly Saturdays, which is our Day Off; but a bit on Sunday too).

Please let me know if you start a group!

I have a friend who has a private server, they are a homeschooling family. (It is Ami, the creator

Of Homeschool Share.) and I asked her if they would like more folks on theirs and she said yes.

So, I'm not sure the best way to handle it. She didn't want me to post her email, so maybe y'all could message me and i can send you their info??