Menu

lego mindstorm. Do I need a book?? which book???

jennynd

Thanks for this info. ds11 is saving for a Mindstorm now and will be ready to get one for BDay in July. The only problem is that is around when the next generation EV3 is supposed to come out. So now he's interested in that one. Geesh, I wish these things weren't so expensive. But they are great learning tools. I think prices would drop if there was more competition like tablets. But for now Lego seems to be the main game in town.

Thanks for this info. ds11 is saving for a Mindstorm now and will be ready to get one for BDay in July. The only problem is that is around when the next generation EV3 is supposed to come out. So now he's interested in that one. Geesh, I wish these things weren't so expensive. But they are great learning tools. I think prices would drop if there was more competition like tablets. But for now Lego seems to be the main game in town.

grrr... maybe I should wait.. I just ordered this morning.. i supposed I can return it...

The only problem is that is around when the next generation EV3 is supposed to come out.

The EV3 is backward compatible with the mindstorm. We already have the mindstorm and intend to get the EV3 when price stabilise.

The FLL would still be based on the mindstorm at least for this and next year.

grrr... maybe I should wait.. I just ordered this morning.. i supposed I can return it...

Sorry. maybe I shouldn't have said anything about the new one! :tongue_smilie:

Since it won't be out until late Summer early Fall maybe it will be ok to just get the older one now. If my son hadn't heard about the new one he would have been fine with the NX2. I just don't want to spend that much $$, then have to turn around and have him want the newer one.

my books and robot came in the mail yesterday... ohh wait... my DS's robot and book and I am so excited... I think I gonna keep it. ... oh wait, let my DS keep it.

DS and Hubby is going to Grandma's house for the weekend and I want to read through the book before they come home. The boy's birthday just few weeks away. I want to get ready for it. :)

Thanks everyone :)